The latest home security installations have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to do basic security tasks like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Phoenix, you can simply leave the driveway and let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Phoenix For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your house, which you can customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to determine when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to share information with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the boundary.
For example, shortly after you exit your premises, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Phoenix. When accessing the mobile app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your security camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm the security system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Phoenix
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (602) 649-6096 or complete the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.