Home security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras come outfitted with an array of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Phoenix.
How To Set Up Your Phoenix Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your home security cameras in the ideal spots around your living space is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear view of your patio, front walk, and yards, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room can impact your privacy. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Phoenix. The features described below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your mobile device whenever strange motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when movements are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with people through the device. Via your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more comprehensive view of an area. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can produce footage of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Phoenix is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (602) 649-6096 or fill out the form below to start building your home security system today.