How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Phoenix
You know you must defend your home. Above all else, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the right kind of home defense? Whether or not to use 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Phoenix and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents receive a prompt warning. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to resolve it. This choice is the cheaper route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Phoenix
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, sleeping, or don’t have your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Superior components and smooth integration: When you get tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will come across independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless individuals prefer to have the job taken care of by qualified professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Phoenix
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Do-it-yourselfers may consider this a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an added charge. Others will prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to incorporate devices when you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This scenario will generate added stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you need assistance during the installation, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Phoenix
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Phoenix from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the best choice for you. Contact (602) 649-6096 today to speak with our security experts.