You may remember the time when home security components were confined to where wires could be placed in your home. You didn’t have the option of positioning a security camera on a desk or controlling your components with a smartphone. With that being said, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless systems. You currently have a range of added advantages at your disposal -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Phoenix will defend your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable internet and Wi-Fi connection to operate in a proper fashion. If you have high-performance internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
When you make your home in an area without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired configuration will probably be a wiser option. Or It may also be to your advantage financially to opt for a wired approach if you relocate to a house that already has wiring in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Phoenix will enhance the safety of your property, which is the primary goal in the first place. However, if you like the idea of having the most advanced features, check out the following perks of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the devices in your home from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from your mobile device utilizing the ADT Control app. You can view camera footage, switch on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system if you neglected to do so. If an emergency comes up, you are able to have notifications sent right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming system setups. The great thing about wireless devices is that you are able to put them virtually in any location and with little time or effort. If you wish to update later with the latest equipment, bringing elements into your network is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with quick, two-way communications. You may direct your system to perform a function in specific situations to boost your safety and dissuade intrusions. For instance, if your exterior surveillance detects odd activity along your home’s perimeter, it may prompt your inside lights to illuminate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Phoenix
Although wireless home security systems in Phoenix are known to be dependable, it’s only natural if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. The following are a handful of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless elements may fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart components will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors usually should be arranged within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your adaptability.
- Like any computer network, the risk of being hacked exists. But you are able to take action to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing secure passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Experts
Would you like to reap the benefits of Phoenix wireless home security? Contact us at (602) 649-6096 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the perfect package for your property.