Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Phoenix? Generally, you have three major regions of your residence for video surveillance: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Although your installation team is able to advise where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Safeguard Your Front Entryway
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would make an effort to simply walk in the front door, 34% of intrusions take place near this passageway. There are also package thieves among other risks to think about. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to handle these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you have the ability to chat with all guests who approach and press the button. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer all engagements with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. Then if someone does try to do something criminal, you can have your video doorbell automatically capture footage and send it to your smartphone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are some useful tips to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Phoenix residence offer an impressive sightline, letting you see two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhanging eave or directly into a bit of cladding or edging are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the road.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in Phoenix. However, the added flexibility means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the natural light from a window can cause glare and affect your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: Just like a guard tower, a video camera installed in an elevated area will produce a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras above bookshelves or affixed to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends have no ability to tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The greatest surveillance system won’t help you much if there is a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Dial (602) 649-6096 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.